The May 29th edition of the Legacy Market News highlighted useful information about avocados in California. Here are several important takeaways:
- Foodservice typically uses 30-35% of the overall California avocado crop, although this has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- This year’s avocado crop from California is up 70% from a small yield in 2019
- The projected yield for California avocados in 2020 currently stands at 369 million pounds
- Pricing for packers and growers has been impacted by the lack of foodservice demand in recent months
- Nationwide, avocado volume growth has exceeded the average for the total fruit category
For more information about the Week of June 1st, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE COMPLETE REPORT.