The July 24th edition of the Legacy Market News featured the weekly Pro News Market Update from ProMark, which provided up-to-date information on a variety of crops. Here are the main takeaways from the report:
- Avocados are 70% harvested in California
- Cauliflower volume is excellent; expect to see lower prices this week
- The green bell pepper supply is extremely limited on East Coast, and there is a light supply in the Carolinas, New Jersey, and Michigan
- Cherry tomato supply is limited – only producing regions are in South Carolina and Alabama
- Watermelon volume is increasing from Central California, Georgia, Indiana, Missouri, the Carolina’s, and Texas
To read the complete report, please click here. Be sure to check back in later this week for more industry updates!
Contact our team at Chasin Foods for product information and details about the freshest produce in Southern California!