With plant-forward diets continuing to be popular throughout this year, it is only appropriate to offer the perfect dishes for this fall season. This dish is healthy and hearty for the colder upcoming months. The sweetness of pumpkin goes great with more savory and spicy foods, and also brings a great source of fiber. Potatoes are normally used for this meal, so the pumpkin gives a healthy and fall-ish twist.
- 1 whole medium sugar pie pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 oz. cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into 1.5-inch florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne
- 1/2 yellow onion, 1/2-inch diced
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 cans coconut milk (32 oz.)
- 16 oz. white wine5-inch piece of fresh lemongrass, bruise by crushing with pestle to release flavor
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon vadouvan curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
1. Cut the pumpkin into quarters and season with vegetable oil, salt and pepper.
2. Roast at 350F for 10 minutes, then cool down.
3. Remove skin and seeds and cut into 1” dice.
4. In a medium-sized pot, sweat onions, lemongrass, ginger and carrots for 4 minutes without color.
5. Add curry powder and turmeric and toast for 1 minute.
6.Deglaze with white wine and add tahini.
7. Add diced pumpkin, chickpeas and peppers and top with coconut milk.
8. Bring to a boil and simmer slowly for 15 minutes until all vegetables are soft.
9. Season with salt and pepper and serve in a bowl. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Chasin Foods has all of the highest quality ingredients that are perfect for any plant-based dish. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your operation succeed!