The August 7th edition of the Legacy Market News provided an overview of weekly market updates in produce, dairy, meat, and more. The report highlighted relevant updates in the flour industry, courtesy of General Mills Foodservice. Here are the primary takeaways:
- Wheat futures fell lower last week due to harvest pressure in the U.S. and improved crop outlooks internationally
- Basis premium prices fluctuated for high protein spring wheat flour
- Winter wheat basis levels seem stable
- U.S. winter wheat harvest is more than 85% completed
- Spring wheat was 5% harvested by August 2nd
At Chasin Foods, our experienced team of foodservice professionals know what you need to thrive – contact us today for information about our fresh ingredients and custom solutions!